Live From London

The people that made CFNY what it was
  • Please Support our Sponsors!

Live From London

Postby Kim » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:07 pm

Does anyone remember the name of the "correspondent" who use to do a (one hour? half hour-- can't remember) show on Sundays called "Live from London". This would have been 1984-ish. I use to LOVE that show-- he would always feature the latest UK bands as well as talk about up & comers, peppered with catty gossip dishes on music celebs. What was this guy's name? It's driving me crazy!!

Kim

Live From London

Postby Glen » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:26 pm

Lee Carter. See his article in the Personalities section.
Glen

Live From London

Postby Glen » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:33 pm

There is an entry by Lee Carter in the Testimonials section - a good read.
Glen

Live From London

Postby Japetto » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:49 am

It was one of the best I've read
Japetto

Re: Live From London

Postby Helen725 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm

I remember Live From London when I was 17, I would listen to the show every week. Coincidently, I was at my parents house today and I found an old scrapbook that I put together when I was a teen. To my surprise, I saw that I had transcribed every show from May 1985 to August 1985. Including the top songs in the U.K. Music charts. I even transcribed word for word, an Interview that Morrissey did in which he said that a person is most alert and aware of things when they are 17. Lee Carter made U.K. Music so exciting and new and I couldn't wait to hear the latest fashion news from London each week. This brings back so many memories!!
Helen725

Postby admin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 am

Helen725 wrote:I remember Live From London when I was 17, I would listen to the show every week. Coincidently, I was at my parents house today and I found an old scrapbook that I put together when I was a teen. To my surprise, I saw that I had transcribed every show from May 1985 to August 1985. Including the top songs in the U.K. Music charts. I even transcribed word for word, an Interview that Morrissey did in which he said that a person is most alert and aware of things when they are 17. Lee Carter made U.K. Music so exciting and new and I couldn't wait to hear the latest fashion news from London each week. This brings back so many memories!!

Lee will LOVE this. I'm going to point him here to read this.
admin
Site Admin

Postby weasie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I also listened to Lee's show religiously and enjoyed it very much. I still use the term "sunshine superboy" often, which was a phrase that I heard Lee use to describe Nick Heyward. :D

I had the pleasure of meeting Lee in person and socialized with him on a handful of occasions. I hope that life turned out well for him. I wonder if he still has the 'L' belt... :P
Last edited by weasie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weasie

Postby Helen725 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:02 pm

I had quite a few nice conversations with Lee Carter by E-mail a while back. We conversed about music and books and the shops on Yonge Street during the 1980's. He said that he's doing quite well and he's working as a writer presently.
Helen725

Postby imriej » Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Heard Lee doing a report on the morning show at Jazz FM91 a month or so ago. He was filling in for someone, I think. It was on live jazz in and around Toronto, I think….

imriej

Return to Personalities